Thursday, December 31, 2009

Dont be Fool Be an Idiot


Recently I have seen a bollywood movie 3 idiots and I am in love with this movie. I have seen it three times. I am sure that I am not the only idiot in this category being a crazy movie fan. It says don’t be fool be an idiot. In my perspective the movie is about paradigm shift and it starts from the word 'idiot'. Everyone knows that this word signifies curse but now it would be a proud complement for people. Steve Jobs also refers in his speech at Stanford about “stay hungry stay foolish”.

Looking fool is not about doing foolish things but being foolishly engaged in something what one likes to do. It says that, do what you like and you would be successful. I do follow this philosophy in my life but knowing what you like is not an easy job. One might think about how one could not know that what he/she likes. But here knowing what you like is not doing something once or twice whereas one should find interest in the respective work consistently. If I like to play chess that does not mean it could be necessarily transfer into my profession. To make something profession you should be keen to seek excellence in that particular sector. I always want to excel in my communication skills but again I don’t want change it into some profession. As a matter of fact knowing about what you like is a long term or rather time consuming process. For seeking what you like to do in a long run you might need to apply trial and error method, which is widely used in experiments.

So, in people’s view this process of trial and error is the matter of being idiot or stupidity. I would not say, that everyone has to go through this process as some one would find their goals in early ages and can be in the process from the starting of their carrier. But it is a matter of challenge for them who have chosen a carrier that is forcefully or ignorantly and finds interest in something else. One has to understand that this idiotic process is very difficult at start and looks impossible to get into at half of your life but that is why you are symbolized as an idiot. An idiot does not care about the world and is insanely engaged in his activities. When you combine three D’s of excellence, which are determination, dedication and devotion it results in one word 'Idiot' that insanely involved in the process of excellence.

So, the words that are used by people are not the matter of worry where in those can be the best words to describe your process of excellence in any profession, which you love. So, lets not waste more time in things we don’t want to excel into and start doing what is your area of interest. “Don’t be fool be an IDIOT”.

1 comment:

  1. Hi this is rupali...
    Yaa... Its really very nice movie or motivative too... I love one correcter in the movie is very much which played sharman.... He did very well...
    sometimes job depends our destiny.... Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete